That Special


By Shaire Blythe
Friday, December 12, 2014
 
That Special
 
I took my own steps, inhaled my own breath,
Whether yours were fake or true, I wouldn’t know,
 
Got me caught up in this limbo,
I know that I don’t need you, but I gotta have you even if it’s for one more day,
 
I keep the cards in my hands, I dance my own dance on the fires I might have ignited,
No one else can tell me nothing and I can see when you are fronting, but that doesn’t steer me,
I steer me,
 
So I question, give me those answers,
They can be bullshit, I don’t give a shit, but give me answers,
 
I don’t like knots untied, it leaves my mind to run rapid,
You say it’s sometimes better that way, but that’s because you like to play,
I don’t play,
 
I am the boss of romance, I give and then I go,
Might think I have connection, but that’s never been what I was sold,
I can make it up, have you thinking I’m in love,
I’m in love with me,
 
Nothing’s meant for me…
I’ve accepted,
To hell with the hopes and dreams,
Not when the battle’s not worth it…
 
I am that special, you can’t see it,
You’ve got something special, that wasn’t meant for me, but I see it…
I see you,

Comments

Popular Posts