Ending Beginning

Ending Beginning

By Shaire Blythe
May 1, 2016

So easily you took the bait
Why'd you have to?
No words to exchange
What a beautiful way to ruin

You're not the only one with issues
I could've been of help
Never one to lose my cool
I just needed you to speak the truth
Give it to me to the third degree
At least that would've equaled respecting me
Hadn't I been the most understanding?
Staying around when your world became shaky
I'm sure you never wanted me to see those sides of you
But I've never feared someone who I still see as beautiful

I am not sure which way is my home
I know for sure what I did feel, nothing like I'd ever known
But there's no end
Only beginnings

No desire to go there
No, really, not this time
Nothing left to say, that would clear the haze
Just turn and walk away

Why must I be that voice
Always present through the storms
Might make you see me a different way
But that doesn't mean make me your choice
I'm doing me regardless of what they think
Guess I'm relying on who just fits
In the midst of you wondering if you can handle this
If you're down, I'm down with it
I will not quit, you just might quit

Don't wanna take you there
Watch me disappear
So sure you wanna be taken there
I don't think so...

Cause the ending's beginning
Let my heart speak for itself

Comments

Popular Posts