What's Your Trigger?

I cannot recall what I was watching; I am always finding inspiration from the most odd, random places, people, things and situations. It is the writer in me. But I remember questions being brought up: What triggers you? Why might that be your trigger out of all the things it could possibly be? Perchance, more than one trigger exists within a person's being, but I marveled at what my own, personal one was.

I can take a lot. I can bounce right back from some occurrences that might stun (It took some time to reach that level, trust). Anyone else can possibly say the same. But there is one thing that really kills me and I do not understand. I have tried every possible way around it, trying to avoid it, and yet, can never hinder my trigger from happening. Sadly.

I wondered where did my trigger originate from. Instantly, I knew the source and why the trigger meant so much to me, why it hurt the most. It stemmed from a young age.

When my trigger is provoked, Forgiveness is my hardest battle. I have known my words to be sarcastically venomous, my feelings toward that individual to grow cold, but it affects my insides as well--my heart gets heavy and I do not feel as if I am free; I cannot be freely me.

I no longer like harboring those feelings that I have known to become detrimental to my own self, if not others. I have changed the perspective on my trigger, and since I have come to see it is a recurring little piece of my life, I almost cannot help but laugh when it makes its appearance.

I find myself much more gentler by laughing than fostering weighty emotions.

So what's your trigger? Where did your trigger come from? Have you faced your trigger an encompassed it in a kinder manner?

Trigger or something more, we all have battles to go through. I am just seeing that you can allow your battles to make you more considerate, compassionate in this world, or you can allow your conflicts to make you more hardened, desensitized.

You decide.

Comments

Popular Posts