Ready

Ready
(Influenced by Amy Chan)

By Shaire Blythe
February 27, 2016

Object of affection, give me a little more time
A trust within no other, that cannot be denied
Sworn to secrecy and sweet dreams 
I wouldn't make believe 
That the road was effortless 
Feeling like I've been daydreaming 
A long dream, on repeat
Excuse me while I go and find 

Courage, to blend my heart and mind 
You might've caught me at the wrong time 
But will I ever be ready?
For what's in store
I cannot say so

What is ready?
I've never been ready
I jump in, two feet
I wasn't ready
But that shouldn't scare me
I'm not afraid to
Do it again 
As long as your soul is beautiful 
And you accept me
See me for the depth of my soul
Cherish me for my essence
Respect me for my mind
The purity of my heart
Love me for all of my scars
And I will make your world beautiful 

Comments

Popular Posts