Ain't Trying To


Ain't Trying To

By Shaire Blythe
Monday, August 15, 2016

Yeah, I see you
Always seeing your type
Guess you're like the rest of them I like

I be getting myself in trouble all the time
I seem to have the poison in my blood
I feel it flowing through, stealing my breath away
I'm trying to stray

You got it, You know you do
I can play around all day with my defenses, But we know what's real
Swear I'm addicted

And it's for you, Bringing back those feelings
I really ain't trying to
Trying to find my way up out of you
I stay trying to find my way

Yeah, I peeped you
You got that demeanor I can't explain
Nothing compared to the rest of them

I stay dodging bullets all the time,
Only to fall back into traps that aren't suppose to be mine
But if I gotta have you, I'll have you
Even if it's just for the night

Cause you got it, Do you even know you do?
I'll lower these defenses just for you
Will you be coming through?

Father just might have to forgive me this time
Cause I haven't chosen to be weak or strong
And I ain't really trying to

Comments

Popular Posts