Another One

Another One

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, September 4, 2016

I've had my fair share of them levels, playing with devils
Ice on my tongue, roll another one
All temperamental,
Lost in potential,
Can I be spared another one?

Those eyes of yours,
I've seen before
I've breathed you before 
Yet I want more

Choking on air
Raise your glass to what's gone
Life is not fair,
But what's done is done

Hope you had a good time 
We love to ruin each other's lives
And keep on playing the game 

I've been exactly where you don't think I've been, 
Meeting fire with fire
Lost where I came from, tried another one
Boy, aren't you special?
You've got potential,
Just another one
Only another one

Sooner or later we're gonna erupt
There'll come that time when enough is enough 
There's no taking back what's in the past

We'll be okay, so we will say
Just trying to save face
But in the shadows there is real pain,
You can't look the other way
There's no running from what we must face
What we must change
What we should change
Try not to escape







Comments

Popular Posts