Father

Composed By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Father

You could care less
How do you tend to live like that
All of the others you forget
Including your own bloodline

Now maybe she sees in you what I see

Maybe we will all wake from our fantasy
Cause you are selfish, caught up in lies
Do you try to help it, or you don’t try
We are helpless

Father do you cry
Father would you die for me
Father do you regret all those times you missed
There’s so many,
Father I’m broken, but I am quickly learning…
To pick my pieces up on my own…

Do you like it that way
Does it save your face…

You could care less
Anything you say to me is worthless, I think better all alone
Don’t come complaining, now that we are grown
You are in debt, from the money that you owe

But not just the money, everything
Know you cant go back, all the boys, birthdays and ring
And Shae’s having a baby
Will you shun it out of your life as well

Look what you’ve done
Don’t tell me about what I’ve become…
Did you ever think you’re to blame
Do you even recall my name
I don’t know you and I’m sure that you’re the same…

When I wanted to die, you weren’t there
When I laid down and cried, you weren’t there
When I opened my eyes, no, you weren’t there…


Comments

Popular Posts