Visions (Old Version & Story)

Visions
By: Shaire Blythe
 
Prologue

I could feel it. I could feel it all. It felt like I was right there - like I was her. The bruises, they were all on me and they stung as if a million nails pierced my skin. The room in which I sat held an intense feeling. Two windows were boarded up allowing no light of day to pass through; a small wooden cot sat beneath one with a pillow and puny blanket strewn across. That was it. No sort of dresser, no TV, basically nothing. Looking at the paneled floor, I determined it could give in any moment. What type of place was this?

Cautiously, I reeled myself off the rough panel, hoping to figure out more about the small enclosure. But stepping on right foot, I cried in pain and took a hard fall to the floor.

“Oh God,” I yelled out, reaching for my foot. What I touched, I could not believe. Almost as to confirm my belief, I glanced down and surely enough, a bone had sliced through my skin. I screamed out once again, not only in agony, but in a loss for words. Why was this happening?

Through my tears, I looked back down and witnessed dark blood streaming down my foot and puddling over the floor. It scared me to think of dying over a tremendous loss of blood. I didn’t want to. Out of all of the ways why would it have to be this one? “God! Someone fucking help me!” I found myself crying out in tantrum.

And almost as if on cue, a disguised door opened. It was made to look just like a regular part of a wall. I just didn’t know why.

A tall, burly man walked into the room letting the door swing close with a loud “bang”. His hair was a spiky washed out color that appeared to be dirty and unwashed for months. Stubbles formed around the perimeter of his tight jaw line and his pale neck had many veins popping out. He took a long swig of a beer bottle in his hand and threw it against the panel, watching as it shattered into a million tiny pieces. I looked into his dark eyes and all I saw was hatred. If it was hatred towards me or something else in his life, I didn’t know. But, it seemed as if his eyes went to dark to dark red in a second.

I knew this wasn’t right. Something was wrong here.

I began to whimper and drag myself away from him. I had to get away. He stumbled closer with a devilish grin emerging to his face while unbuckling his tattered belt. No, no, no! I shook my head frantically. This couldn’t be happening! This just couldn’t be!

“Stop,” I whispered. “Please, just stop.” He yanked my arm up and tightened the belt in his grasp. I closed my eyes tight feeling the belt slash to my side. I couldn’t even yell out anymore. It was too much. All I could do was cry. This was gonna be my end.

I rocked back and forth, feeling it all. Slash after slash. Hit after hit. A kick to the broken ankle. I cried hard and whaled loud with my hands to my head. I just couldn’t bare it any longer.

“STOP! STOP!” I shrieked out, griping my hair in my hands.

“Hallie! Hallie!” I heard someone yell out. “Hallie! Oh my lord. Someone get the nurse!”

My eyes flashed open.

Scanning around rapidly, I noticed I was in Mrs. Jarvis AP Literature class. Starring back at me were twenty more pairs of eyes. Some contained fear, others confusion, some amused, and others blank. They didn’t know what to think.

Comments

Popular Posts