Cold


By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, June 29, 2014
 
Cold
 
I hope that it’s you, I forever hope,
There’s some sort of longing, I feel it in my chest,
I know should be going, And you may have already left,
I can’t deal, at least not today, nor the ones before,
 
To wash your face away and your touch,
It might take a decade,
I do pray that that wouldn’t prove true, but who really knows,
Cause if you’d asked me, I wouldn’t have predicted this cold,
Cold of a broken heart, Of who played what parts,
And what could’ve been,
We could’ve been,
 
Silent words resonating in my head,
Where came much action?
We both know I had the rope so tight, but your end flailed,
Did so for quite some time, I didn’t want to see,
No I didn’t want to believe,
We had been so good, Perfect together,
Then came stormy weather,
 
You never wanted us, look me in the eyes,
You say that you wanted us, but oh how you sure do lie,
She better be worth it, worth my hurting,
Cause I am really hurt inside, While you can just carry on,
I’m the only cold one…

Comments

Popular Posts