You Do You



By Shaire Blythe
December 26, 2014
 
You Do You
 
You fulfilled your destiny in this prophecy
Gave me someone to believe in
 
Came at a time I needed the holes to not space and come together
And we came together
But nothing is forever
Ain’t that right?
 
I saw what no one else could see
White picket fences, a bus pass and your dreams
You just gotta hold on
We know that you are strong, a true fighter
Even in the depths of a broken heart
You know I’ll still be here at start
It can’t be wrong
 
It’s not too hard for me to send you off in peace
 I’m learning that as the days come and go
Certain ones become your home
But no dwelling is permanent
We get evicted and we’re sent off, bleeding
 
That’s the case most times
We’ve been so blinded
By what we see inside, still turning out some lights
 
I don’t believe it
Two human beings can come in such sweet harmony
But that’s what we did
 
And I don’t regret not one memory
So I’m letting go, time for you to let go…

Comments

Popular Posts