Masterpiece

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, February 15, 2015
 
Masterpiece
 
Your body is the canvas
And we didn’t plan this
There’s no going back now, go the rounds
Tell me you’ve got a handle
 
What a pretty canvas
Show me the colors, I’ll grab the paintbrush
And see where my mind can take us
How much can we lose us?
 
Can we stay, Are we able to stay right here?
I don’t want to go nowhere, today
As we lay, roll around all day, In the messes we’ve made
I wouldn’t change a thing
Keep on loving me, I’ll make you a masterpiece
 
Lips that are untraceable, hands irreplaceable
Don’t you ever release our hold
 
Dusk approaching, shades wide open for the world to see
See something that many only dream
 
Red’s not a bad look,
You got me shook and shaking in all the right places
This must be how Van Gogh would feel when his mind led him
 
Say that you’re happy now, and that’s how you’ll stay
I am so happy now, I find myself forgetting to breathe
If these walls crash to ground, what would you think?
Would you believe in me?
 
Cause I believe in you, my masterpiece

Comments

Popular Posts