I'll Make No Excuses

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
 
I’ll Make No Excuses
 
Where were you that night you said you had some shit to do
Where did you go that night you dipped out when it was supposed to be just me and you
 
I could sit here and say all the good things,
Like how you hold me tight as if you’ll lose me tomorrow
How well you put it down, and no other man can follow
But I would be out my mind to make myself blind
 
I would’ve given the world to you
Everything I have all to you
Sold yourself short and me too
But I’ll make no excuses
You were not who you said
 
Guess you made up your mind, I’m all out of energy
Cause when you left, I just watched, End of perfect story
 
Empty memories, I don’t want to think
And when they ask, I don’t know your name
But your side of the bed, at night I envision you there
A pill I can’t swallow, but the effects are already felt
 
Excuses aren’t forgiving
Gonna hurt me in the long run
And still I know there is meaning, why you came and why you run

Comments

Popular Posts