Let Me Be


By Shaire Blythe
Friday, July 4, 2014
 
Let Me Be
 
Spill another dosage of your lies, I can’t even begin to believe it,
You should be the last one, Another stranger in the home,
A home no longer a comfortable abode, Do you not see it?
 
I thought the best of you, but you quickly turned that all around,
My hand out, first, willingly, then there came my doubts,
 
Just who you are, has come and gone by me,
Blood for thick or thin, but you do it with no meaning,
Can you cut to the chase, We both know what you want,
Can you get what you need, And let me be,
 
There’s comes the knock, the calls that I wish to not hear,
Not about that silly stuff, It’s just what I fear,
 
I did not think, Not back in those days, But I see clearer,
I’m trying to make you see clearer,
 
I thought the best of you, but you quickly turned that all around,
One step, first, hesitantly, then you took a giant leap,
 
I cannot be freed from these binding chains,
Every time, my heart breaks a little more,
Cause I know what most would say I’m meant to do,
But allowing you to always have your way will never let you fall,
And know what it’s like to work for what you want,
 
You need to have that fall…

Comments

Popular Posts