Should Already Know


By Shaire Blythe
Saturday, July 19, 2014

Should Already Know

You call me on the phone, But I just wanta be alone,
If I tell you that then we won't make it to the end,

I know you want to be that one, One that I can come and talk to,
Let all my problems fall on you, But that’s not me,
No one has to be here all the time, I can do good on my own,

Stare at me like it’s a crime, But can’t you see I’m not one to come beggin’,
Leave that for the losers, and I’m winning, Only winning in here,

You should already know,
No need to say it twice,
You should already know,
I’m not that nice,

I thought that I told you, You shouldn’t linger around here,
If I have to show you, no doubt, I’ll do so without fear,
And you will look into my eyes, See I’m not playing,
Don’t you call this a disguise, This me is staying,

Don’t touch my hand, no lighted candles,
We don’t do that around here,
I’ve got a handle, no need to mettle,
This is my business out here,

Don’t claim that you’re that one, Something we both know isn’t true,
A perfect performance, Go join the circus, Show that we are not true,
That’s why I don’t want you all the time, I’m just fine on my own,
Go do what you wanna, I won’t stunt ya, That’s not the bullshit I’m on,
Leave that for the losers, and I’m winning, Only winning in here,

Take a look around, See what evidence I have found,
There are no good books treading this ground,
I don’t wanna be just like them, I’ve had them,
But I want new,
If it’s not new, then there’s not more to say then…

Comments

Popular Posts