7 Seas

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
 
7 Seas
 
Awkward non-star on a team, First one to really think,
In him, I believed,
So many beautiful things,
 
I don’t know what happened,
Next thing I knew, I wanted him back,
And I got him back, but it didn’t last,
 
No, it didn’t last…
Stuck in the past, it didn’t last,
 
How could you sway me back, And toss me like trash,
Without a warning, Though you were boring,
And I just went through the motions,
Thinking second chances meant something,
Living in the moment, We weren’t really shit,
 
Going through like a breeze,
Parting them like 7 seas,
There’s no in-between, Swimming through the 7 seas,
 
Damn you, like so many others,
You were the worst, really breaking me down,
I invited you into my home, Showed a side none has ever known,
And what do you do, Repay me with a million lies,
 
Lies that couldn’t be hidden behind truth when locked in a room,
You were locked in a room,
Yeah, locked in a room…
 
You made it more easy,
Had my eyes on you for a while,
Stupid crush, so went for the rush during summer break,
I knew exactly what I was doing, But you must have had confusion,
Barely gave me a minute,
You couldn’t keep up,
No, you couldn’t keep up…
 
First one truly different,
Older than any before,
Instant connection, and I really felt some way towards, you,
 
You were only yourself, nothing wrong with that, I loved it,
That’s why I always stayed,
 
We knew we couldn’t be,
Two roads, one already home…
Said you’re already home,
And I need to build mine…
 
You were the cool one, Called “wolf” when you were wrong,
Victim always had to play strong,
High up in the clouds, You knew no way of coming down,
And you had her around,
 
Damn, you had her around,
Took me a long time to find it out,
Still trying to know which one was I, mistress or wife,
I knew not a damn thing about her, no…
 
You were wrong,
Illusion of us strong,
 
That leads me straight to you,
After all I’ve been through,
Feel like I can walk on the water,
Remembering all you told me,
Made me into some queen,
 
Treated unlike I had ever been before, but don’t they say, all good comes to an end,
Somehow we’re just friends,
Wanted much more than that,
We can still be more than that,
But not without a new day,
Need of change,
 
What do you want of me?
I’ve given you all of me,
Look now, where we are,
 
Endless journey, to find what I seek,
Could you not be good to me?

Comments

Popular Posts