Hero


By Shaire Blythe
Monday, June 30, 2014
 
Hero
 
Let me tell you what you want to hear,
I foresaw the end,
Let me admit, I talk shit, No apology,
But I kinda left my soul empty,
 
You grabbing me by the wrists, Throw me against the wall,
And I really thought I had it all,
 
I placed myself at risk for you, and now see what you do,
You do it so effortless, Kicking me on the ground,
 
Why, when you see I can’t get any lower,
Where the hell did we dive off,
My crying doesn’t make the tears drier,
Even though I’ve done it about a million times,
You were no hero, Falsely claiming some power,
Power of control is all that you’re dishing out,
 
Roaming in these streets, people hear the birdy talk,
Of whose what now,
 
I didn’t realize what I was committing,
While there was created distance,
Magnify the picture a thousand times better, and you can find the foul play,
 
Searching your brown eyes, the rage was in vain,
I agreed with anything to get you away,
 
The moment sure has come, when I dropped from number one,
It was all in your face and I knew that nothing I said would change a thing,
 
No hero to my rescue now,
It’s just me, myself and I,
 
It really shouldn’t mean a thing,
Until I see you,
 
The abuse comes running to me,
And though we’re through, I can’t help but to think,
Do you mistreat her the same you did to me,
Or is she your queen,

Comments

Popular Posts