Deaf Ears & Non-Believers

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Deaf Ears & Non-Believers

So close, on the eve of the crackdown,
Now’s the moment they all speak to make a sound,

Where were they days ago

It’s the hour where I’m comfortable with silence, and no one around,
Don’t you dare blame me,

I made my shout back then, deaf ears or non-believers,
And they’ll swear they didn’t see her,

Battle grounds are nothing new here,
Don’t act surprised,
When they were built here, they bared everything,
Stripped naked, not completely shameless,
Still fighting to pave a way,
Driven crazy, by the beating of the drums, and feeling the rush,

They chose their preferred communication,
Can be a week or a day,
I never had say,

When I finally make my rules, I become the fool,
I don’t get it,

I made my moves back then, dear ears or non-believers,
And they’ll swear they didn’t read her,

Out of touch with what may be going on,
Distance between to win back me,
That’s all I’m searching for,

So I’m sorry I haven’t given the time, or let the phone ring,
My words short, I ignore the stories,
I’m looking for me…

I’m still shouting as I stand, deaf or non-believers,
But I think they can see her,

Comments

Popular Posts