Vulnerable


By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Vulnerable
There’s an emptiness somewhere around town,
No radar can point one to the scene of the crime,
I would’ve cried back then, but now I have been here too many times,
While the loneliness is a guard I built, and it’s sometimes sweet,
It has its bitterness, especially when there’s really no one there,
The backup must have heard the news, and went running,
I was given no news, and now I’m running,
I’m back to start, No trust allowed,
I risked my heart, and got it tossed all around,
You will know, through my vulnerability, what happened to me,
Go ahead and have your laughs, I’m the comedic queen,
In reclusion, with the shades drawn, and no lights turned on around here,
Door shut, key gone, as I play the fitting songs,
It’s really just me, I have been here too many times,
Though I think this life isn’t real, I get lost in victory,
Turning on my hopeful heels, and I don’t know what to believe,
They all must have got a pill they couldn’t swallow,
I up and took a pill, and now I’m hollow,
Pointless destinations, let-downs a plenty,
Filled with aspirations, they are what moves me, and keeps me pushing,
The way a person wouldn’t,

Comments

Popular Posts