Battle Screams

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, January 11, 2015
 
Battle Screams
 
The battle carries on, who to turn to
So many voices and hands that reach, but they can’t do a thing
And I was never one for running too
Always had to take a stand and face what’s in front of me
 
Not saying it’s hard, but it’s not easy
Falling apart and the world doesn’t see me
Hanging on a string that has dangled here for quite some time
Running thin
 
I rarely travel back in my memories
It makes me remember the better days
Days when you could be all who you could be
It took no time for your health to fade away
 
Not saying God doesn’t know what he’s doing
But I can’t help but wonder why when it comes to you
And I feel so broken, because there’s nothing I can do
But watch you lay here, and you stay here
 
You’re my home, my very light
Even when you’re not lit yourself
And the days keep passing by
And you’re stuck in bed, can’t figure this out
This is my story, not what you see
Sometimes I cry and just scream
I’m all dried out and in the dark I hear the agony
Of what you were fighting for

Comments

Popular Posts