Circus

By Shaire Blythe
Monday, July 7, 2014
 
Circus
 
You put me in a situation I ain’t never been, It's only normal for me to be acting like this,
And all those times I never missed, So why hadn't I seen this coming?
 
I feel like I’ve taken a trip, A trip that has solely led me down,
Down into a twisting spiral, I’m trapped up in this maze,
With the dancing mirrors on the walls, teasing me to take my fall,
 
Thank you so much for playing the laughing clown,
You filled your purpose in this circus, by breaking me down,
I’m completely in this fit like some little kid, don’t want to be here,
Feet dragged, and you can’t make me be here,
 
There’s no right for you to ask me what’s the problem,
Say that I act like I hadn’t seen this coming,
I really didn’t see this coming,
 
You are something, Something that I can’t begin to describe,
Describing you was never important part of my life,
Now overshadowed by your selfishness and pride,
 
I’m breaking the chains tonight, building my own act of surprise,
Call it the now you see me, now you don’t,
Continue juggling whatever shit you tried to handle, causing overload,
That was only your fault,

Comments

Popular Posts