I Know Better To Settle


By Shaire Blythe
December 7, 2014
 
I Know Better To Settle
 
Feel the needles and knives as they rush in to my veins
And I don’t know how many times, but I’m going insane
 
Did I hurt you, can I not be loved too?
Or did I kill you, with everything I ever needed?
Were you with her too, but did she feel you
And did she listen?
I was listening
 
I gave my all, and here I am
But you let me fall, and I keep crawling back to your love
I keep crawling, and where are you darling?
 
It might be the society that’s got you incomplete
They took a love song and turned it into whatever
Whatever may fit, whatever gets the boys under her sweet covers
 
I am not one for giving up my hand
I’m taking a stand
But that’s when you come clinging on to me
 
I’m human too, why can’t you see it?
You’ve got the issues, I’m always consistent
I know you won’t wait around when you’ve always got what you wanted
 
I don’t feel you, not like I wish to
When true love finds you, not one just makes an effort, it takes two
It takes two, and I know better than to settle…

Comments

Popular Posts