Absent

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday June 4, 2013
 
Absent


Heavy on my heart, Tears in the dark,
I promised myself I wouldn't cry
 
Got you in my head, You won't let me forget
You had a grip since the day we met
 
Screw you, for screwing me
I was so blind that I could not see who you really were, what your intentions were
 
I hate to say it, but you played me, You were too good
All of those signs, I misunderstood, but I see now, yeah, I see now how ruthless you really are and can be
You could care less what you’ve done to me
You’ve been absent, Never mind then, You’ll get yours someday
 
So let me climb out of bed
I need to go soul searching
Cant allow the remnants of you to drag me down,
Or make me roll my eyes for stupid decisions
 
Keep my mind pacing with anything I can
Laugh and smile with reason,
 
Not in your chains anymore
I’m free at last, no bullshit

Then you creep into the corners of my mind this time
I wish that I could shake you now,
 
I’m the runner of my life,
Don’t need to tell me twice, That you’re no good for me
 
I see the future, while you live for today
I’m up and about, you sit on your ass,
Playing your games, You will not change
Once you do, it’ll be too late

Comments

Popular Posts