Next To Me

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
 
Next To Me
 
As I lie in my bed, I replay all the words you’ve said
 
I feel I’m content, but that yearning creeps up on me at times,
This is one of them,
 
The way you smiled I can’t erase,
Those gleaming eyes could keep me locked away,
Forever with you,
 
The tattoos that snake your arms have me amazed,
I can only view me tracing my fingertips across them, As we lay down together,

There’s no use in playing games,
That’s what little children do,

I like to say we’ve graduated from that,
But with you, There’s some things I can’t do,

I know that hinders what I see coming in our future,
But I just can’t seem to catch my breath,

It’s the things that you do that got me,
That got me shook,

If it’s the last thing I’ll do, I will,
These tingles won’t disappear unless I act on them,

The outcome may not be what I want it to be,
But I have to know,
I can’t knock it till I try it…

As I lie in my bed, I replay all the words you’ve said…

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts