Potential

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Potential

Surface, feeling crazy, Like love,
Deeper, feeling scary, Lost trust,
That’s how it is with you and me,

Signs were flashing at the start,
Overshadowed with your heart,
It felt so warm, then grew so cold, Oh no

Harder is what you’re making this, Tension in the air,
I would gladly let go if I knew where we would land,

I can see me fighting,
I can see you running after me,
Even though I’m crying, Saying I never knew you would do this to me,
But I did see it,
I was blinded by your potential,
You were lying, About your soul

Can you , Take me, Want to rewind,
Wish I, Never, Looked in your eyes,
I would be safer, Have this shield all around me,

Out of, Arm’s reach, That’s where you are,
But space, Closes, It won’t be long,
I have no where to hide, It eats me up inside

There is no escape, But I can’t catch the blame,
I’m recapturing everything I once held,

It won’t be done easily,
You’ll come chasing after me,
You won’t let me be done,

Comments

Popular Posts