365

By Shaire Blythe
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
 
365
 
365 lonely nights, I counted,
The number is rising,
Tomorrow will be 366,
 
I understand you have other business to tend to,
I wish myself could fit in between you surviving and being only human,
 
Is it me being selfish or you?
You never came through, so why give my heart up again?
 
I rather stay, laid up here, leave me untouched,
Pacing alone, No one to hold, Then give myself up,
If you create this space, I might as well claim that I am single,
That’s just how I feel, Can’t even tell me how you feel,
 
Day 366, Nothing has seemed to change,
Filling me up with words, but those are only words,
Is it that hard to get a little action to back ‘em up?
 
I shouldn’t have to be going through this,
I always put myself through this shit,
Stationed on the front lines of a battlefield, but you’re nowhere to be seen,
 
This here’s one-sided, forever one-sided,
Want to feel loved, but I cannot get it,
 
Want that connection, Tired of being faithful, Tired of even trying,
When I cannot get it returned,
 
Making me more stressful, Charming me on bullshit,
It's time I set some new terms,

Comments

Popular Posts