Gone Before You

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, March 20, 2014
 
Gone Before You
 
It’s all coming back to me, the insecurity,
I’m sorry,
I thought I had figured me out, But I was so wrong,
 
I don’t understand why I let it all get to me,
I had it all planned, but it became history,
I am so ashamed that we have turned out to be this way,
It’s not okay,
 
And I’m leaving us here tonight,
Under the moon and the star lights,
I know it’s not so clear, but I can’t care,
It’s just something that I must do,
The candle has nearly burned out,
I don’t wanna be here when it does,
With lost trust, and feelings that go nowhere,
 
Don’t believe I haven’t fought through the rain, but it was way too much to bare,
I wanted to be here, but the pain is too much inside,
And I cannot go through the same shit,
I just cannot do it,
So fragmented, I wouldn’t wish this on my perfect enemy,
 
I’m gone before you, Isn’t that what I’m supposed to do,
Be the first to walk out the door,
Not able to take anymore,
 
I know you said you could handle me,
I was never sure,
I’m not that pretty, not when you’re let inside,
I have these scars on me,
They make me run and hide,
And I told you, but that didn’t stop you,
What a warning, and now we’re just a blur,

Comments

Popular Posts