California Dreamin'

If I could just take off to California, I really would. My Dad was almost teasing me, it seems. He mentioned leaving Arizona and going to live in Cali, & of course, my ears perked up at those words. The first words out of my mouth were "You know, I've never flown on a plane before..."

I think it would be cool living with my crazy Dad who doesn't act anywhere near his 50s, likes buying really expensive sports cars and live the life of a bachelor to no end. At the same time though, underneath it all, he will still be the type to say "You don't need that guy in your life & blah, blah, blah," retreating to protective Father mode. Which I won't complain there. I have a Dad that allows me to get the best of both worlds. He cares & then he doesn't.

But it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon. He changed his mind about moving to California. He's going to remain in Arizona - a place where I picture only desert and snakes slithering about with hot, humid air smothering my skin. He has constantly invited me to come there and live with him & go to some college there... My answer: no thank you. With those fires and humid air, I just wouldn't survive. So I'll just keep on California dreaming for now...

Comments

Popular Posts