I'm Just A Sucker

I cannot get enough of listening to KPop. KPop, for those who have no clue, stands for Korean Pop music. I just love it! I may not be able to grasp all they are saying, but that doesn't matter! They still grab my attention to no end. Which music is a universal language anyways.

I started with just 2NE1, BigBang & BOA . They were the only ones I would listen to. I honestly didn't try to give any others a chance. But then, I started branching out more. Girls' Generation performed on some show. I want to say it was a dancing show, maybe. Like So You Think You Can Dance? Or maybe it was Ellen DeGeneres? I don't recall. But they were pretty good. I still just didn't fully search into anymore until recently.

What gets me is their style which is simply out of this world. They are daring & bold & something fresh that you won't get here in America, really. Also, they can dance their butts off. They have to go through this long, rigorous process of being trained before they even make their first appearance to the public. I think that's dope, but then it kind of makes it seem harder if you want to be in that field. Here in America, you do not have to be trained to become a singer, rapper, dancer, etc. Which that very fact makes me have a lot of respect when it comes to Korean Pop artists.

BIG BANG
2NE1
Girls' Generation
Brown Eyed Girls
SPICA
Block B
B.A.P
Jay Park
Rania
Se7en
TEEN TOP
BTOB
4Minute
BoA

Those are just to name a few. All of them are groups, except BoA, Se7en & Jay Park. It's hard for me to find a single artist that I exceptionally like when it comes to KPop. But that excludes when members of a group break out and do their solo act. For instance, when Taeyang, G-Dragon & TOP of BIG BANG do their own things, I still love it as much as when they're a part of the group. When I think back to it, Taeyang as an individual was the first Korean artist I took an interest in (Prayer was addicting), & then I found out he was a part of a group and then I got into that whole thing.

Korean Pop artists really bring the fire as performers. They are one of a kind. & I'm just a sucker for them.

Comments

Popular Posts