Inking Style

I would say my writings are made for the commons to comprehend, more so than some genius. Me, myself, never liked books that I've had to look up on SparkNotes just to get whatever the author was saying or know what the hell was going on. Don't get me wrong, some of them are nice, but sometimes it just dragged the entertainment aspect out of the book for me.

Laughter (which could count for Entertainment as well), Lessons & Awareness our the main things I seek. People who don't typically read books, I want them to want to read my books. I attempt to find common ground between my stories and people. Which, the audience I aim at is young adults so it would involve those type of situations.

I write how I picture it in my mind (which has lately had me rethinking what I want to do in life. Possibly a screenwriter is the direction I should be heading)? Slang is used by me. I feel it can add to the the character's background or profile without really having to say it. Punctuation, I've always been iffy about. I know I don't do that perfect at all, sometimes on purpose, or the way the greats have set it up. Might as well just call me a rebel writer when it comes to that.

Details, I only go so far with. I try to set it up and then want to allow readers to go off of their own imagination.

Sometimes I don't believe what I write is enough, but then I have my times when I think it's not too bad. May be simple compared to Stephen King (genre is totally different though; & another thing that gets me, but sort of doesn't come as a surprise, considering he is the Stephen King, is that he didn't even like Stephenie Meyer's Twilight novels, & those went exceptionally well to the public) but simple can still be good. Especially if the simplicity of the text is merely on the outside. Read between the lines of my works, you'll find many hints and hidden messages I'm trying to get across.

Authors that have influenced me include: Cecily Von Ziegesar & a ghost-writer (It Girl Series; bought all of them - never could keep focused reading her most notable books Gossip Girl though. Even the TV Series has kind of lost me by now), Sarah Dessen (Just Listen, Lock & Key are my favs; read Dreamland but cannot recall most of it), Allison Van Diepen (Snitch & Street Pharm - absolutely loveee), Luis J. Rodriguez (Always Running: La Vida Loca, Gang Days In L.A.; had major affect on me), Meg Cabot (1-800-Where-R-U Series, All American Girl Series, & The Princess Diaries Series are the only ones I've read, but have never got through the entire series of either), & last, there is Zoey Dean (The A-List Series, which I have not finished that series either).

Comments

Popular Posts