Talk Bad, Talk Good

What's up with people not being themselves? You have one life. I don't know about you, but me, I don't have the time to be going through my life putting on some little act like every second of the day. That's too much work, too much to remember to cover up any fake stories & blah, blah, blah.

I once wasn't my true self. Not that I pretended to be someone else, but I didn't make an effort to make my true self known in fear of rejection and somewhat uninterest. 'Cause my closest friends & family know I'm one weird, silly, yet I know when to put on my serious face and get down to business type of female. I still don't see how they put up with me, but they do. Majority, though, going back through my school days, you ask them and they would say I was shy and quiet. I kind of trapped myself there, I guess. But I really was never shy and quiet. & I sort of beat myself up for giving myself that image of me. The moments when I found myself really trying to breakout from behind the suppression, but then I muffled myself thinking "I better not do it, they'll look at me funny," I should've never done that...

A poster I read in some classroom once before, I took it too seriously as well. It basically said that whatever you do in school won't be remembered 5 years from then; school wasn't nothing. So I went through school with that mentality: that I probably would never see these people again, talk to them again, and that school was just something that was mandatory for the time being. I made no plans to make many best friends. Which then, I also began to see how fake some could be anyways & noticed there were some things about people I didn't want to be associated with as well, so that didn't help...

To be real, I don't personally deal with people putting on a front often, trying to get people to like a fake you. Once I realize that in a person, they are quickly snipped from my circle. Or at least put at a distance. I don't have time nor the patience to deal with all that extra junk. And who would really want it?

There are people out there that will accept you for exactly who you truly are. You don't to put up with fake-ness just so you can have someone to call a friend. That is not necessary. Then you, yourself, are being fake if you are putting up with that crap. That sounds very confusing...

Moving on: you'll be talked about badly and you'll be talked about goodly being yourself or being someone else. So you might as well be yourself and allow your true colors to shine with every thing you do & move you make. Really, what do you have to lose?

Comments

Popular Posts