What We All Want

We are all, individually, one person in a million. Or is it a billion? Whichever may be the case, considering I don't keep up on how many people there are in the world, it still is a lot. What makes us, as one person, so special? You can't say "Because I can sing/rap." You can't say "Because I can dance." You can't say "Because I'm a funny person." You can't say "Because I'm a geek." You can't say "Because I'm beautiful, sexy, fine, etc." There are multiple people who can sing/rap. There are multiple people who can dance. Plenty of people can be funny. There's an endless line of geeks. And there are so many beautiful, sexy & fine people. You get the picture... We all take things of the sort though and hope that it gives us some type of voice, gets us some attention from somebody, whether it's putting yourself in a positive light or negative light sometimes.

This blog of mine, this is one of my ways of venting as well as me feeling a sense of having my voice heard. My life, my story, my imagination in words. There are others who do the very same thing. But that doesn't matter though, because this is mine. It will always be mine.

On another end of the spectrum, you have a person that will kill to be in the spotlight. And I'm talking about the literal term of kill. They will have their segment told by the news and sometimes even taunt the law if they go uncaught for long periods of time, making it some game. That is their spotlight. A negative one, but one nonetheless. And that murderer, individually, is not the only murderer there is out there. But that doesn't matter to him/her. He/She did what he/she did, with his/her hands. No one elses.

Rappers, Singers, Dancers - there are so many amazing ones out there. On YouTube I constantly stumble across one after the other and wonder why the heck aren't they known like some of these people known internationally. Not to throw dirt on those people though, 'cause I respect anyone who has made it far & big in life, but there are others that I feel are better and show more heart. But that's just my opinion. & these people are working damn hard to get their voice heard. Which they are. May not be on the level they want at the moment (or even the level I'm hoping they will someday get to), but they are still being heard.

What we all want is our voice to be heard in some way. It could be on a small scale or a large one. Probably depends on what you personally want inside. But not everybody can have their voice heard on a massive scale. Maybe even small, depending on how much effort you put into whatever your heart desires. There's too many of us, and that sucks, but it's the truth.

So what does make us, one person, special in this big world? I think it goes deeper than being able to sing, rap, dance, be attractive to the eyes of many, have the gift of making someone laugh until they cry, or be capable of scoring an Oscar. Not everyone can do it or will accomplish it in their lifetime, but more than just one person can do that stuff. So maybe the answer is simple: we, as individuals, our special because no one else is us. We can do the same things, reach for the same mic, chase after the same dreams, but no one will be able to do it like you.

Gist of what I'm getting at, 'cause Lord knows I weasel in & out of sentences, when you're out there trying to get your voice heard & you are losing focus comparing yourself to another or giving up on something you really love because results aren't what you had hoped for right off the bat, remember that no one else does it like you and you are special because of that very fact. Will what you want to do in life be meant for you? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's worth a shot.

Comments

  1. The words have left me. O_O This is such a lovely, inspiring post. Thank you for sharing that with us, Shaire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts