Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Actions Speak Louder Than Words
 
By Shaire Blythe
May 9, 2013
 
I told him I had never dealt first hand with a man with so much potential that was wasted.
But then, that doesn't make you a man.
That makes you a little boy, right?
 
Why all the frustration, you may ask?
To you, it wasn't a big deal, but to me, I saw the ending.
You were heading down a dark, dirt road, and I was certain that I wasn't coming with you for nothing.
I may have loved you, but is it true love when I sacrificed everything, and you wouldn't return the same?
 
I had hope in you.
That's why I hung on for so long till the point that my knuckles turned white.
I'm what you call a savior.
I see a mess up and I'm bound to head that way to see what damage I can heal.
And you agree that you don't have yourself together, and you can do better, but where's the progress then?
 
You beg me not to walk out that door, like so many times before, and normally I would give in.
That's how much I care, though you're persistent that I don't, because then, I wouldn't be leaving you and hurting you like I am.
But what about the hurt you caused me?
This is why we're in this position to begin with.
 
So I go.
And what do you do?
You don't change.
You can't unless you're doing it for yourself and you really want to.
 
So you're the same ole you.
I'm out here doing me.
It hurts you even more, doesn't it?
 
You actually begin to think.
You begin to understand what I saw from the start, but you were to blind to see about yourself.
 
So you start to gradually pick the pieces up.
You share your progress, but I can't believe you.
I need proof.
 
You say that is exactly what you're going to show me.
Damn, it really sounds like I'm talking to a whole other species of a man.
Yeah, I called you a man.
Don't get all big headed.
You still have more proving to do.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts