Forbidden

Forbidden
By Shaire Blythe
 
April 8, 2013
 
You have given yourself away,
I thank you, but my heart is shot down too
You give me a sense of knowing about you once before
 
In the end I'll end up forgetting you,
You'll forget me too
 
I don't do this to end up on repeat,
In the back of my mind I know it's forever going to be this way
Man, eff love
It doesn't exist
 
You're no different, don't even speak those words,
I'm the one that's going to get hurt
You know this,You only got one focus,
Being different is forbidden, in this world
You men are little children,
You pretend, but you're not different
You know you're not different
 
Chocolate candies,
Not few, but many
More than a dozen roses at the front door
It don't mean a thing,
Gestures to get a ticket in
 
Like saying the words you know I want to hear,
Acting as a protector when you're the one I should fear
Guys like you keep me on my feet,
You're a surface, No one who goes deep
 
From here on out, I have reason for a guard
I've never been proven wrong
I'm not sure I want it anymore,
How could my heart endure real after the ones who claimed to be different?
When it is real, all I'll relate to is different...

Comments

Popular Posts