Stand Me Up

Stand Me Up
By Shaire Blythe
 
May 21, 2013
 
I've been thinking that it's getting kinda late,
because I've been looking for, been looking, been looking for my date
Met him downtown, chilling with my friends,
Did a double take, cause he had to be from out of state
Looking mean clean, fitted, with them Chuck Taylors on
Not the typical type you would see me on,
Hooked, charming looks, like he done came from a movie scene
 
I'm guessing that my luck was kinda pushed, I was tricked,
The end, No there ain't no more to it
 
Why? Not trying to be your wife,
Just searching for some fun, Keep me company,
But if you want to go there,
You gotta hand me a little faith,
Not stand me up like I'm stupid,
Making time for you guys creates confusion
 
So I'm done, I'm done, I'm done - I'm thinking
Boys dumb, boys dumb, boys dumb - I'm saying
I run, I run, I run,
And stop,
Here I go again

Comments

Popular Posts