Tug of War

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday May 2, 2013
 
Tug of War
 
Hard time wrapping your mind around what I do
I don’t care
Not here for your pleasing, go ahead just leave me

You think you’re so perfect,
I find that funny
Now you’re calling me “honey"

This just ain’t worth it
Playing games of tug of war
Will you lose this round or me?
I’m wasting my air
I can find someone better, and so can you
We’re through

Hold up, don’t you grab my hand
No way, I’m going through with plans this time,

Ima pack my bags, ima get my shit and go
Can’t stay here no more

This is a prison, We’re both not living,
Consuming each other, We’re not lovers
Though we wish we were

Oh, how we wish that we were the ones
Now right back to searching for love,
But something more real, hate how this feels

Maybe I’ll see you one day again,
Maybe then we can try the process of friends,
When the current isn’t so strong

Comments

Popular Posts