Piece Of Art

Piece Of Art
By Shaire Blythe
 
May 21, 2013
 
Staring blankly at this masterpiece,
Tyring to connect the dots with the squares in the center,
 
Different colors, black, green and gold,
In the corners you can find the shades
 
I don't think I get this piece of art,
as much as it screams back at me,
This can't be a piece of art,
though it's up hanging,
Who allowed this frame of junk,
to be put up for all eyes to see?
Not to worry, it will come down soon
 
Passerbys, you attract their eyes,
Wearing the prettiest disguise
I notice, but cannot focus,
it's just too big to wrap around my mind
 
Should I stand up and protest?
What good will that do for me?
I'm a little spot, not seen at first glance,
You gotta squint, Yeah, you gotta squint
 
Why haven't they come and grabbed you yet?
If I had a light, I swear I would torch you,
Watch the plaster melt down in flames,
and they would have me to thank,
Cause I saved

Comments

Popular Posts