Focused on the End of the Tunnel

I have been working on The Dirty, one of my stories, since 2008. To be specific, the day was Saturday December 20 of that year. Yeah, I keep record of all of that. Don't know why, but I do. Maybe so I can know my progress or something. I don't know. But that's a longgg time. I must say, though, that was when I began the original document. That original ended on Wednesday November 24, 2010. So almost two years to get the original one done.

That last date, November 24, 2010 was the day I began the redo. As soon as I finished, I knew that if I really wanted to get my work on shelves, there would have to be many changes and adjustments, so I started it right off the bat. Today is Saturday May 11 of 2013, and I have not completed the redo. It has been two years already for this one and it's driving me crazy with the thought of it.

I have recently had a 'kick it the rear end.' That just means I've gotten over my writer's block with it. And with that 'kick,' I have decided to create a goal or deadline for myself. I want to have this story of mine complete and finished by the end of this year. Or should I say I will have it completed and finished by the end of this year?

I'm excited about it, like I am with all of my other stories. I don't know where the heck I am going to go from there, once I get The Dirty done, but I guess only time will tell. Fingers crossed that the unimaginable will occur, but who knows.

Comments

Popular Posts