Foreign Love

Foreign Love

May 15, 2016
By Shaire Blythe

I wanted to stay and save you
I knew all you had been through
Thought I wouldn't notice
When it became clear you'd erased all I'd went through 

I was second 
You weren't changing
Say I should've told you what you were doing was stupid
Never been one to call you out of your name,
But eventually I did

Cause you made me hate you
Turned my heart to stone
With all my sacrifices
You sat on the throne
You just want that power back
Still, you can do no wrong
Keep that foreign love

Years without an honest apology
The blueprint for my karma
Because of you, I know exactly when to take my leave
Keep the memories that haunt you, but ask me, they don't mean a thing 

When my heart speaks and I have no control, I'm down for real
I recognize the true feeling on my end
My fault for starting for the wrong reason 
Your fault for the lies and manipulation 
You still carry them with you, trying to break through 

No longer blind to your true colors 
Never thought I would abandon you
But once I'm done, I'm done
Only surrounding myself with truth
Let someone else save you
Guess I wasn't made to





Comments

Popular Posts