Of Two Minds

Of Two Minds

Saturday, July 2, 2016
By Shaire Blythe

Not to get you in your feelings
Really, what are feelings?
I know the you that has no heartbeat
I know the you that preys on the weak

So you come running back inside
After seeing the mess you walked into
Now you wanna spend the night
Okay, that's cool

Yeah, I said I'd be there,
Said I would always care
But it's become the typical
And I ain't trying to be rude
But we know I don't bite my tongue, especially when it comes to you

I tell it like I see it
Possibly she was really mistreating you that way
But you've mastered the art of persuasion
I've learned to turn my head the other way, as long as I'm not in it
Don't ask me about my business
I'm just hear to listen, so you can find some relief from your self-made stress

I find it funny, every time you wanna bring up my life  
Cause you would notice, right, When I'm being bullshitted
Your profession, right, When we was in it
You should've left it alone
We both know I don't always play nice

You tell me that's not fair
Tell me what is fair
Smiling back like it ain't nothing
You know no matter what I'ma keep it one-hundred
Addicted to the way I do that shit
Never found me in them other chicks

In a way, I can say the same
What we went through, though, I've been on the long road of changing
Put distance many times, but you've stayed
Spending time like my coldness and your bullshit wasn't a thing
That's just fine, I hold no grudges
I want you at peace and to do nothing but great




Comments

Popular Posts