City Delights

City Delights

By Shaire Blythe
Monday, July 9, 2018


Connecticut,
You know you weren’t too hard to find
We came and went at right time
And with those pretty eyes of yours
I was sure
I’d follow you into the night

No crime,
We chatted away until 5AM
Me and my girls were feeling confident
Just hanging
In the dirty, southern town

Wish I could remember vividly
Exactly what comes and goes like a dream
But I’m not right
You were just another delight

Plush
At least that was the name back then
Another trip to the country city
Had the lights melting into stars

Fake name
You caught on pretty quick
Think you’re friend was trying to hit
But my sight was set on you

Wish that I had taken the chance
Danced the fear away
And never departed
But I wasn’t right
You were just another delight

Sky
I had too many shots
Jello, Fireball and Ciroc
We got lost in Miami streets
Gone off Havana nights and their beats
I was hard to reach, I know

We were so close to shore
I know I could’ve given more
Almost completely alone
And I had a cause
But I had to make it home alive

Wasn’t afraid, I admit
I took the chance
Said my prayers
Two against one
Wasn’t in my plans

Wish that I hadn’t have left
The night was young
Could’ve kept on going
But I wasn’t right
To make you another delight

Comments

Popular Posts