React To Chain

React To Chain

By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, January 28, 2016

No intentions to ruin the mood
I just go to the source, fearless
And you were a bestfriend
Keeping thoughts in never had a good end

I still remember the very first time I didn't ask
Jumped to a conclusion that nearly stamped our end
No part of my being was the same that day
I saw a vision so different
Built these standards
What we both were to respect
Wasn't clued in on the changes

Whatever you'd done, I would think its fair game
My fault, But this paints the picture of my confusion that led to hurt and now loss
Chain reactions
Much miscommunication
And I was nearly losing me
Trying to do everything in my power to fix us, fix me

The ignoring was the hardest thing
I literally lost sleep till it became the regular and old
My heart still never grew old
Believing that real love meant adjustments
And they were nearly effortless
But still I felt at times I was walking on eggshells with what I would say
Didn't want to be the cause of a spiral and you go numb again

My mistake
I guess I could've turned another way too
But I've learned to face what's in front of me

Comments

Popular Posts