Disconnected

Disconnected

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, June 29, 2018

I can’t seem to get my head out of my ass to see what’s going on
Trying to place me at my best, apply my potential
What good am I if I can’t be the me I’m supposed to be

I’ve seen it all, I had enough
Still I want to produce love
It never seems I can reach the finish line

I’m sorry
I’ve taken off and left you
Might seem I’ve abandoned
But I know me
At least the one I used to be
Always worried about this shitty world
It’s upsetting
So I’ve disconnected
And I’m sorry

I can’t count the tabs that spring in my head
I have a million thoughts all the time
It gives me anxiety

I try to ease my own mind
Without the brilliance of toxicity

My own natural high
Don’t need smoke to reach the clouds
Or that drink to make me confident

I’ve escaped once before
I freed my broken chains
I know I can do it once more
Look down and spread my wings

Don’t take me personal
I’m a walking contradiction
Think you have seen all of me
I stay in between dimensions 


Comments

Popular Posts