Monster

Monster

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, June 28, 2018

You ran into the streets
To capture a moment in time
Who would’ve ever thought I would be sitting watching you

We weren’t discreet
Me, a new found soul and you, a crude stoner

Think you surprised yourself more than me
Or maybe I’m wrong
When I gave us up
I did believe
Release was best for you

But I made a monster
Let’s be honest
After, I made a better you
Perspective from my side
I got the breakdown
I saw your other half
Wished they were lying
Their warnings were so true
Though you are a monster
I root for you

Passion for movie screens
We could share
Critical to heartfelt affairs
Conversation endless

You got caught in the smoke
Said that you had calmed down
Said it was recreational
I hate they took you down

Back in your hometown
Sorry I wasn’t there
I’m sure you cared less

Cause your blood ran cold
The night I refused to show
Up for what I knew I wasn’t made for

Wish we could’ve gone down
A little bit different
But I know,

Comments

Popular Posts