Sorrows Of A Broken Man

Sorrows Of A Broken Man



By Shaire Blythe
Monday, June 25, 2018



The sky was painted gray and blue
The day you left me wondering
When you would get your shit together
The day we can truly be friends

I’m not sorry
I can’t say your name
I know you’re sorry
You left me with a bad aftertaste

There’s just no way
I can leave the space for you to come again and ruin me in the end
I took a thousand steps
To find relief I left behind
To finally see through brand new eyes
If I can have my way
I would never see you again
Erase your sorrows of a broken man

I thought I had you
The first love of mine
But I can see I wasn’t yours

Five years was a long time
On bended knee, I was mistaken
Any “yes” was fueled by star struck mind

It could’ve been that easy
I know, for you, we could still be simple
We never were that, really
You were flames,
I was critical

Surface wasn’t what it seemed
Destructive path

Love was not enough
If it can be claimed
Just give it up
Give us up

Comments

Popular Posts