J.M.S.N

J.M.S.N

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, June 29, 2018


Humidity can’t be found
All those skyscrapers
I came to the city
Found myself downtown

In the back of the room
I came through
Heard your brand new tunes
I was faded

Got to feel your heart beat and soul
Got to know you’re a mess
In the most beautiful way
I tell you
I had to go home

Just makes sense now to let us go
Just makes sense now to carry on
Even when the faces blur together
Even when I lose my sleep
Just makes sense now

Nothing to figure out
Played a game of sober
You brought in a crowd
Still I went over

Like a silly girl
I did choke
Captivated by your rhythm and blues
Don’t know how I pulled me to one

Guess I still made some noise
Guess I still caught your attention
But did I mention I had to go home

To be another daydream, I wonder
If suddenly I felt the thunder
Of knowing what this means
I feel insane

Comments

Popular Posts