Cousin Rod

"Aptitude. Motivation. Right Attitude. Opportunity." (4 things you need in life).

"Everyone who pats you on your back is not your friend. Everyone who stabs you in your back is not your enemy."

"The one who controls the relationship cares less for the other."

Those are just a few things my Cousin Rod said to me tonight (March 30/31) that stuck out and I have decided to quote. My Cousin Rod is in the Air Force Reserves, right under the CEO, enforcing the laws, acting as like a therapist for these people, scolding bad behavior & rewarding for good behavior. Mid 40s so you can get a feel of what generation he came from & where his mind set is at. He was born here where I'm currently living (KY), but now lives not far out from New Orleans, Louisiana. He has done a lot with his life. & I mean A LOT. He came from barely nothing, to making over six figures because of his "perseverance & determination." I quoted him on that one too.

He is like a book filled up with motivation, inspiration, & all those other beautiful words. I love hearing his words of wisdom everytime. I walk away with the sense of being able to be like him & his wife one day. They have no children by choice. Both were career-oriented. Still are. They just continue to grow & knock out goal after goal after goal. Like there's no end to it. I admire that. I want to be like that.

I said he is in the Air Force Reserves, but that's not all exactly. I can't tell you what all he does career wise. I'm pretty sure he told me, but I was literally sitting across from the kitchen table with him from a little after 9PM to after 12AM. Yeahhh, it was that long of a talk going back between me & him, and occasionally my Auntie (his mom), so much was shared with me. But it didn't seem that long. I do recall him saying he is soon going to be teaching at a high school. Almost like ROTC. He wants to give back now. & the offered salary is out of this world with all the degrees, training & experience under his belt.

I really learned a lot from him. Stuff I needed to hear. & I absorbed it all in. I am blessed to have family like that, who motivate me, give me guidance, set a great example & give me hope that I can do the very same one day if I keep my head on straight.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts