Lowest of Low

I'm not getting all depressed here. At least, not right now. I was coming home from Walmart and I had the urge to go downtown to the riverfront for whatever reason. I thought back to the last time I went down there by myself, and recalled that I had went down there because I had been on the verge of losing my mind.

It had been very peaceful and calming. The weather had been as nice as it was then like it is tonight. I balled my eyes out, listening to the waves slap against the concrete and crash into each other. I was also texting one of my best friends, him attempting to soothe me and whatnot.

I had thought I was at the lowest of low. But gradually, I began to pull myself back together and make the trip back home.

I can't recollect the reason I was so down, but that's the amazing thing about it. I could guess a whole bunch of things, but I don't know for sure why I was feeling as bad as I had been.

I ended up not making the trip downtown tonight. It was tempting to though. I think it might have been the weather that was captivating me. It's an awesome night to roam around downtown without a care.

Comments

Popular Posts