Succumb





Succumb
By Shaire Blythe
Friday, April 12, 2013

My head’s beating
I’m feeling like I’m lost, somebody; somebody, Help,
It’s not normal I feel like this, Got me detached from my senses
Out of body experience, Did that mother-fucker drug me, Mike?
What he say his name was? Lights, damn, these lights so bright

And I don’t know you, Mister
Tell me, whatchu trying to do, Got me curled up in your arms
But where are you taking me? I know I got to be leaving this club
Brandy’s waiting on me, she said she’d be waiting for me out front,

I’ve succumb,
Can’t fight perception any longer
I guess I’m yours,
Do with me whatever you wish
Fill me in when I come back to life
Gosh, what a pretty, pretty night
What a pretty, pretty night…

It’s getting colder, You, Come on over here
From afar, you look different than what you seem near
Then, everything’s already messed up, Can I get what’s in your cup?
What a bittersweet taste, soothes my thoughts

And what’s your name, Mister?
It’s very nice to meet you
Before the night’s over, I’ll have no recollection, Guessing
All my actions when the sun comes up, Feeling like Ima about to lose my lunch

It’ll soon be coming to an end
Catch me a cab, I need to get back to my boyfriend,
Waiting at the house,
He’s gonna want to know everything, But it’s none of his business,
He’s the one got me trippin’,
I should leave him, But I do this

Comments

  1. This one made me feel sad. It feels lost and aimless, and I love the speaker but God knows where they'll end up. Aw man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts