Oh, Happy Day & Night

So I went to WKU for, basically, orientation. The most important thing you do is schedule your classes, for anyone not familiar with what orientation is. They also fill you up with a bunch of information and so on.

It was horrible getting there and getting back. Headed there, I had to get up at 4AM, after working a 12-9 at work. I bought a 5 hour energy drink to keep me awake, but it turned out that I wasn't going to need it while headed to WKU.

It was raining hard. Like real bad. I just recently got new front tires. I was anticipating the back ones to give me trouble, especially the one on the left. The air is low. I've always failed putting air in my tires by myself, and my grandad who usually assists me when it comes to my car was unable to at the time. Making it short, I left the tire the way it was and prayed to the Lord it would give me no trouble. It didn't. My front right tire gave me hell.

I don't know what was up with it. It kept jerking me to the right, trying to hydroplane my car. This was my first time driving with the new tires on a interstate, with awful rain. I'm talking, the speed limit was 70 and so I wouldn't wreck, I had to go between 35-60. And I'm a typical speeder, so this was hard for me. On top of that, I couldn't pass no one. I tried one time, and I nearly swerved into their lane. Just devastated. On top of that, I was an hour late. Not just because of the speed I had to go, but my GPS led me to like 3 wrong locations. I wasted so much gas around that city trying to find the place.

When I got there finally, it was cool. I met another girl and we sort of just gelled together right off the bat. Everyone I met were cool, unlike most at UofL. But I'll save a contrast and comparison post for later.

After orientation, I met up with my bestie that attends WKU and she introduced me to cool new people - new to me because they weren't the same ones I met last time I was there. Then I got to see a couple I had met before and knew.

One of the highlights of my night was going to open mic and unexpectedly taking part in it. I read a poem, though it was said that I should sing at first. I wasn't ready for that at all. Barely ready to stand in front of people and just read a poem. I was pressured. But I would call it a good pressure. I was way unprofessional. I did a lot of things I knew I wasn't suppose to, like rush my words in nervousness, trip over words, and since I was reading it off my cell, I accidentally hit something trying to scroll down, and I had a short intermission, actually saying "Hold up, y'all." Again, so unprofessional. I read What You Can No Longer Say.

Getting up there and doing that, has really impacted me. Since my writings mean the world to me, I fear sharing them at times. Not because a fear of being criticized really, but it's me fighting with myself inside. I don't know how to explain it. But I can feel it everytime I am about to share. But that little babystep was an eye opener. I want to do it again, but a whole lot better. Be professional next time and the next after the next. I now have a project I want to take on, but with my singing. Nothing huge, but I should be doing the things I love and actually share them on a next level.

So on the note of feeling motivated, and excited for accomplishing a goal, and getting to spend a little time with my Boo #2, as I jokingly & seriously call him (minor crush, you may call it & I don't hide it lol), everything was perfect! Did not want to leave.

I remained on a high headed back home, until I had to pee real bad and my gas was dwindling down to the very last drop. I couldn't understand why I couldn't come across any gas stations for miles. It was just my luck! When I finally did come across one, it was freaking closed. Then, a truck pulled up and was just sitting in the driveway and partially in the road, with its headlights shining on me, so I got out of there fast, not wanting to end up missing - the gas station was remote. I finally did find another gas station. I was cutting it crazy close. And my wheel was still acting up, but not as much since it was not wet anymore.

But once I made it home, overall, I could say the whole day was amazing. I can't wait to start school again in a place that makes me happy!

Comments

Popular Posts