To Anyone (The Bullied/LGBT, etc...)

To Anyone
(The Bullied/LGBT, etc...)
 
By Shaire Blythe
Thursday, April 18, 2013
 
You are not like me,
I see this.
I accept it.
I promise I do not loath you.
 
I will never see through your eyes,
But I will stand right beside you to look ahead at the ones before us.
The ones that refuse to stand at your side, disgusted at the very thought.
Don't mind them,
They are filled with nothing but hate.
They should learn acceptance.
 
Acceptance doesn't mean being like you.
No one will ever be you.
It is God who created us exactly the way we are,
That has to mean something.
 
Or maybe it's all too complicated to get into.
This world is too far gone to alter many minds,
Or should I say revisit what is known as the truth?
Like I said, it's all too complicated.
 
At your side, our arms interlocked, I know what I believe,
You know what you believe.
Maybe, one day, the ones before us will join us at our sides.
Maybe they will open up their narrow minds,
Because hate is not the way,
Not for anything.
 
You are not like me,
I see this.
I accept it,
Now promise me that no matter what hell they may drag you through,
That you won't desert me.

Comments

Popular Posts